About Pride in Diversity
Pride in Diversity is Australia’s first and only national not-for-profit employer support program for all aspects of LGBTQ workplace inclusion. A social inclusion initiative of ACON, Pride in Diversity are specialists in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ people by reducing exclusion, invisibility, homophobia and stigma in the workplace.
Please click here to download our brochure – LGBTQ Inclusion in the Workplace: The business of leaders for more information.
Employer Support Program
As a member-based program, Pride in Diversity works closely with HR, diversity professionals and LGBTQ Network Leaders in all aspects of LGBTQ inclusion within all sectors of the Australian workforce.
No matter your starting point, we work with your team to understand the importance of LGBTQ inclusion and to map out a strategy that will enable you to successfully work towards best practice.
Employer Training & Consulting
Pride in Diversity offers training and consulting services to assist organisations with all aspects of LGBTQ workplace inclusion. These services are included as part of Pride In Diversity membership as well as offered to non-member organisations on a fee-for-service basis. For more information on fee for service training, please contact the Pride in Diversity Office on 02 9206 2139.
Training programs delivered by the Pride in Diversity Team include:
- LGBTQ Awareness
- LGBTQ Ally Training
- Staff/team training and support when a staff member is transitioning gender.
- Training for HR Staff, Contact Officers, Diversity Teams and Executives
Consulting services include:
- Policy review
- Setting up LGBTQ Employee Networks
- LGBTQ Strategy Planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Communications and preparation for the AWEI
Established by ACON with the assistance of Stonewall UK and Diversity Council Australia (DCA), Pride in Diversity’s mandate is to reduce stigma, homophobia and discrimination in the workplace and set a national benchmark for leading workplace practice in LGBTQ inclusion. This is currently being realised via the national employer support program (Pride in Diversity) and the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI), Australia’s national benchmarking instrument for all aspects of LGBTQ workplace inclusion.
Since the launch of Pride in Diversity in 2010, we have seen significant changes in the acceptance and uptake of LGBTQ inclusion initiatives within Australian workplaces. Pride in Diversity is proud to be one of the driving forces behind these changes and to have witnessed the emergence of what is now considered by many, to be one of the fastest growing areas of Diversity and Inclusion on the Australian Workplace Diversity agenda.
Pride in Diversity works with Australian employers via the provision of a dedicated account manager, tailored training & consulting services, member forums, networking, resources and research to:
- Recognise, appreciate and utilise the unique insights, perspectives and backgrounds of others, promoting innovation, team collaboration and higher levels of productivity
- Mitigate unintentional discrimination, disrespectful and damaging behaviour through education and awareness, the alignment of organisational values and the reduction of risk
- Create an environment of trust, respect and inclusion positively impacting employee attraction, engagement and retention
- Appreciate the business case for LGBTQ diversity as it impacts your workplace culture and performance.
Being an internationally recognised program, we also work with affiliates:
- Diversity Champions (Stonewall UK)
- Out & Equal (US)
- Community Business (Hong Kong)
- Oogachaga (Singapore)
- Pride at Work (Canada)
- GLEN (Ireland)