Australian LGBTI Inclusive Health + Wellbeing Index (AIHWI)
We are proud to announce the inaugural release of the Australian LGBTI Inclusive Health & Wellbeing Index.
This index will capture work and activity relevant to the 2018 calendar year with submissions due no later than 5pm Friday 8th March, 2019 (AEST).
This index has been designed to assess and benchmark LGBTI inclusive service provision annually amongst Health + Wellbeing service providers. On the back of the outstanding success of the Australian Workplace Equality Index that was instrumental in measuring, benchmarking and successfully shifting practice in LGBTI workplace inclusion; this new index is expected to be instrumental in annually measuring and shifting practice within Health + Wellbeing services. Participation will provide service providers not only with clear guidelines in terms of getting started or progressing their work in LGBTI inclusive service provision but will also provide an optional opportunity to survey both staff within their agencies and service users regardless of how they identify.
Index Quick Facts
- Do you need to be a member of Pride in Health + Wellbeing to participate? You do not need to be a member of Pride in Health + Wellbeing to participate in the index.
- What does it cost? There is no cost to participate. This is a national benchmarking and feedback service is provided free of charge to Australian Health + Wellbeing service providers with the sole purpose being to measure, benchmark and influence practice in LGBTI inclusive service provision.
- What will we receive in terms of results? Participating service providers will receive a traffic light report indicating full, partial or zero points for each question. You will also be benchmarked against other participating organisations (all scores confidential) to enable you to see how you compare to other service providers. You will receive a certificate of participation, a “tier” status in terms of overall score alongside an opportunity to be recognised within our LGBTI inclusion awards. Information received can be fed directly into your inclusion action plans and your results data can be used to track progress year-on-year. You will also receive a hard copy of any benchmarking publication/data produced.
- How often should we participate? Ideally annually; although there is no obligation.
- Can we participate anonymously? Yes you can. You will still receive your scoresheet and benchmarking data. On page 2 of the submission page, you can choose to be identified (organisation name only, not score) dependent upon the tier you reach (ranging from participating tier to Gold) or not at all (completely anonymous). For those who wish to be identified, only your organisation name will be identified, not your score.
- Do we have to participate in the two surveys? There are two optional surveys that you can choose to participate in as part of the index. These will be online and available towards the end of January. For those who wish to participate, you will need to contact us to request a unique URL for the survey/s that you wish to participate in. These are optional. Not all service providers will participate in the survey.
- Where do I go for more information or for any questions that I have? Please call our office on (02) 9206 2139; one of our team will be able to assist.
Please click here to download the 2019 Index Submission Document.
SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENT
Inaugural Index submissions will be received between Monday 25th February – 5pm Friday 8th March 2019 (or midnight Saturday 9th March 2019 if sending large file transfer URL’s).
FOR HAND-DELIVERED, COURIERED OR MAILED SUBMISSIONS:
If you are hand-delivering, couriering or mailing submission documents (hard copies, USB’s etc), these must be received by 5pm Friday 8th March, 2019.
Please send to:
Pride in Health + Wellbeing Index Submissions
ACON’s Pride Inclusion Programs
414 Elizabeth Street
SURRY HILLS NSW 2010
All documents must be received by the deadline. No extensions will be giving. Late submissions will only be accepted if you can provide evidence of the document being sent within reasonable timeframes to allow for delivery by the cut-off (ie. accommodating any postage/courier delays).
IF YOU ARE SENDING YOUR SUBMISSION ELECTRONICALLY:
Please note, emails with file attachments will not be accepted for electronic submissions. Electronic submissions must be received by midnight Saturday 9th March 2019.
To send your submission electronically:
Utilise a large file transfer program to upload your document and all attachments. Send the URL to download these files via email to:
Large file transfer programs may include but are not limited to Dropbox, Google Docs, ParcelPost, Microsoft OneDrive or any other internally approved large file transfer system)